Taking pictures is already a part of people’s lifestyle in today’s modern generation. With photography, you can have a wide collection of the moments, things, and experience that you encounter in your everyday life. However, to produce the best images, you must have a quality camera that will serve as your partner for capturing beautiful moments and things that surrounds you. Well, Canon 80D is among the best DSLR cameras you can avail in the market. It can offer you excellent performance when it comes to your photography needs.With its reliability and high shooting performance, you will never be disappointed by the final images.
With its great shooting quality, you can capture everything that surrounds you with a crystal-clear image. Additionally, the Canon 80D can also be your reliable partner for your video recording needs. It is the best equipment you can use in recording beautiful and touching moments during special events and occasions such as a wedding, birthday parties and more.
Are you an aspiring vlogger? Canon 80D can be your efficient tool to share your videos to the world. By partnering a quality lens to your Canon 80D, you can make the best of your photography passion.
Meanwhile, make sure that you also have the best lens for your Canon 80D. Thus, the lens is crucial to help you produce gorgeous and satisfying photos and videos that you desire and deserve. Choosing the best lens for Canon 80d allows you to enjoy more of your landscape, wildlife, and general photography. You can also use it for your video recording and vlogging habit.
Whether you are an amateur or professional photographer, having a quality lens for Canon 80D can give you amazing photography and videography experience. It will help you to shoot quality landscapes, portraits, and other subjects. Even more important, it can also enhance your photography and videography skills that you can possibly use in your future career.
With the best lens, you can practice photography and videography skills easily with your Canon 80D. However, choosing the perfect lens is not as easy as what other individuals think. You can checkout best macro lens for nikon here. With lots of brands competing in the market, it is hard to find the best lens for Canon 80D photography. Therefore, you must be extra meticulous when it comes to purchasing the right one for your needs.
Finding an excellent lens for your Canon 80D is no longer a complicated task for you. Thus, we will help you select the best one by offering you a reliable review of the top ten best lenses for Canon 80D. In this post, you can learn about the top lens that can offer you great performance for an amazing photography and videography experience. What’s more, we also offer a buyer’s guide and FAQ section to help you understand more about the features of each product.
Before we proceed to the top ten Canon 80D lens, here is our best overall and best budget pick if you want to get the product that suits your budget and needs immediately.
Best Lens for Canon: 30 Second Summary
- Best Overall: The Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8 L II USM may not be the most affordable lens for Canon 80D that you can avail, but its performance can give you the highest satisfaction that you want. It comes with great versatility and comes with f/2.8 aperture on different zoom lengths.
You can also use it even in low light situations. It features an Ultrasonic Ring Auto Focus for silent and fast focusing. It can give a beautiful bokeh that produces soft and lovely background blur that is perfect for portraits and closeups. It is an efficient lens that you can use in all types of situations.
- Best Budget Friendly: The Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 STM lens is ideal for those who are budget-conscious people. Along with the cost of under 200 dollars, the Canon EF f/1.8 STM lens can give you with great performance for your nighttime, action and portrait photography.
It has 1.5 feet minimum focusing distance and a maximum magnification of 0.21x. It features 80 mm focal length for APS C cameras and 50mm for full-frame cameras. This lens has a construction of 6-elements in 5-groups. It comes with a lightweight and compact design that best complements your camera. It is also great to use for newbies in photography. If you want quality but an affordable lens for Canon 80D, this one is a good choice.
Reviews of the Top 10 Best Lens for Canon 80D
It cannot be denied there are lots of lens for Canon 80D that you can find available in the market. With this, you may find it hard to pick the one that perfectly suits your budget, standards, and needs. Fortunately, you can now have an easy search since we collected the best products to help you make a wise decision to choose the right one for you.
The following is our unbiased and reliable review of the best lens for Canon 80D.
1. Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8 L II USM – Best Overall
If you wish to have the best portrait lens for Canon 80D, the Canon EF 24-70mm USM is for you. It comes with a maximum aperture of f/2.8 on the zoom range. It is useful even in the low light shooting. This lens uses Ultrasonic Ring Auto Focus for quiet and high-speed focusing.
It has a sturdy and compact design that makes it perfect for everyday use. Its bokeh can give you with a lovely blue that is perfect for your portrait and close-up shooting. It is strong enough to utilize in various situations.
The negative thing that we could mention about this product is that it doesn’t have image stabilization, so you can recognize more motion blur as you shoot. It also comes with a high price tag, so if you are conscious of budget, it is not the best option for you.
- Ultrasonic Ring Auto Focus
- Sturdy design
- Optimized lens coatings
- Ring-type USM and fast CPU
- Zoom lock lever
- It has a focal length of 24-70mm and a maximum aperture of 1:2.8
- The lens construction of this lens comes in 18 elements in 13 groups
- It comes with 2 types of aspherical lenses to lessen spherical aberration
- The optimized lens coatings ensure color balance while reducing ghosting
- High-speed CPU and ring-type USM for fast and quiet autofocusing
- It is water-resistant and made with dust sealing to reduce fingerprints, smears, and soiling
- It comes in a high price tag
- It doesn’t include image stabilization feature
2. Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 STM – Best Budget Lens for Canon 80D
The Canon EF 50 mm STM can be your best travel companion as you enjoy your photography or videography hobby. It is among the best sellers that you can choose to match your Canon 80D. If you prefer to create an attractive background blur, this lens can give you great quality of bokeh that can help your subject to stand out.
With this lens, you can get high-performance shooting without breaking your budget. It has 1.15 feet minimum focusing distance and 0.21 x maximum magnification.
- Lightweight and compact design
- Steady and quiet focusing
- Near-silent STM (Stepping Motor) technology
- Silent and smooth autofocus
- It comes with superb quality
- Affordable lens for Canon 80D
- Circular 7-blade design
- Excellent color balance
- 50mm focal length to fill the frame of the subject in a comfortable distance
- You can get extremely blurred backgrounds since it is f/1.8
3. Canon 10-18mm/ f/4-5.6 IS STM–Best Video Lens for Canon 80D
The Canon 10-18 mm/ f/4-5.6 IS STM can be your best video lens for Canon 80D. This lens is lightweight, so you can make it as your travel companion. It comes with STM and advanced focus mechanism that allows it to give you with high speed, reliable and wide-angle performance. If you look for an excellent quality lens for video recording and photography, choosing this model can be a good idea.
It has a focal length of 10-18mm and a maximum aperture of 1:4.5 5.6. It has a minimum focusing distance of 0.72 feet. The Canon 10-18mm STM comes with an optical photo stabilizer and stepping motor to reduce noise during your video shooting. It has driver system lead screw as well as a rack system that is powered by the stepping motor.
The only downside of this product that some customers complain about is its plastic construction.
- Wallet-friendly 80D Canon lens
- Noise-free video shooting
- Optical image stabilizer
- 7-blade aperture
- Stepping motor
- Enhanced lens coatings for high-resolution photos with minimum aberration and glare
- Optical Image Stabilizer system that offers 4 equivalent stops of shake correction
- Rear focusing system
- Fast, reliable and silent wide-angle performance
- It comes with plastic construction
- Lacks tactile resistance
4. Canon EF 70-300mm f/ 4-5.6 IS II USM – Best Telephoto Zoom Lens for Canon 80D
The Canon EF 70-300 mm USM is an extraordinary telephoto zoom lens that you can use with your Canon 80D. Its construction has 17 elements in 12 groups like ultra-low dispersion glass element. It weighs 720 g. It has a 9-bladed diaphragm that has curved blades for a near-circular aperture that can give a beautiful background blur. It has a magnification of 0.25x and minimum focus distance of 1.2m.
Among its unique features is its latest top-plate LCD panel. It can display 3 modes, including the current focus distance, focal length, and camera shake meter in 2 different dimensions. It has a lightweight construction making it ideal for daily use.
One negative thing about this lens is that it doesn’t come with weather seal on its lens mount.
- High speed autofocusing
- Excellent build quality
- Gives efficient balance between image quality and portability
- A great telephoto zoom lens that comes with 4-stop photo stabilization
- Nano USM motor for quiet and fast autofocus
- It comes with the 9-bladed diaphragm to create a beautiful background blur that helps the subject to standout
- The lens LCD panel with 3 modes display
- Portable and offers great shooting performance
- It doesn’t have a weather seal around the lens mount
- The highlights may appear hard edge on the long end of the zoom
5. Sigma 10-20mm f/3.5–Best Wide-Angle Lens for Canon 80D
The Sigma 10-20mm f/3.5 can be your best wide-angle lens for Canon 80D. It has a maximum aperture of f/3.5 and ultra-wide focal length of 16-32mm. With its f/3.5 aperture, you can capture great images with your low light photography.
The Sigma f/3.5 can be your best companion for photographing architecture, landscape, photojournalism, building interiors, and other subjects. You can use if for wedding photography and group pictures too. With its quick fixed aperture, you can make easy photography with great control and depth of field. It is also ideal for use on non TTL flash systems.
The downside of this model is it has a heavyweight of 18.3 oz and a little bit soft lens.
- Reliable wide-angle lens for Canon 80D
- Ideal for low light shooting situations
- Maximum aperture of f/3.5 in the entire zoom range
- Compact and lightweight design
- Inner focusing system
- An inner focusing system that reduces front lens rotation
- It comes with a petal-type hood that can reduce internal reflection an extraneous light
- Special Low Dispersion glass element for great color aberration correction
- It is equipped with Hyper Sonic Motor for high speed and quiet autofocus and manual focusing capacity
- It is a little bit soft and heavy
6. Sigma 150-500mm f/5-6.3 DG OS HSM – Best Super Telephoto Zoom Lens for Canon 80D
The Sigma 150-500mm f/5-6.3, DG OS HSM, can be your efficient telephoto zoom lens you can use for shooting sports, action, and wildlife. It has an aperture of f/5-6.3 and minimum focus distance of 7 ft. It weighs 3.9 Ibs and has a focal length range of 240 to 800mm.
With this super zoom lens, you can shoot your subject even on a distant. You can use it with a tripod for creating effects. The Sigma 15-500mm lens comes with great versatility and durability even after prolonged shooting. It has 21-elements in 15-groups construction. It is made for full-frame sensors but can also be applied for APS-C size sensors.
One negative thing that some customers experience with the Sigma 150-500mm lens is that they experience some focusing errors upon using it.
- Optical Stabilizer
- The focal length of 240 to 800mm
- f/5-6.3 aperture
- Compact and lightweight design
- Special Low Dispersion
- Hyper Sonic Motor for great speed, accurate and silent auto focusing
- Special Low Dispersion glass elements for efficient sharpness and color correction
- Rear focusing system for aberration fluctuation during focusing
- Affordable long-range telephoto Canon 80D zoom lens
- Efficient handheld shooting
- It comes with super multi-layer lens coating for ghosting and flare reduction
- High quality image with its entire zoom range
- Manual focusing capacity
- Focus errors
7. Canon 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM – Best Portrait Lens for Canon 80D
The Canon 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM is ideal to use for your portrait photography. With its high versatility, you can use it for taking quality images and recording videos. It has a wide,18-135mm focal length. It has an autofocus actuator Nano USM for fast shooting and provides smoothness for recording videos.
This lens comes with great sharpness for a zoom with an open aperture. It also gives excellent results in a single-ratio aperture. It also features enough flare protection and has low chromatic aberration level. If you are finding for the best lens for your creative photography, choosing this lens for Canon 80D is the best solution. It is useful both for your photography as well as videography needs.
The Canon 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM has a front-line technology for a zoom range flexibility. Aside from portraits, it is ideal in shooting landscapes, sports videos, and more. It has magnificent optics that can offer you with excellent shooting performance.
One downside of this product is that the Bokeh is not always soft. It also reduces the sharpness in the edge of the frame in open aperture.
- Nano USM technology
- Convenient zoom range
- Efficient image stabilizer
- Smooth and fast Nano USM autofocus
- Effective image stabilizer
- Small autofocus distance
- Fast and silent autofocusing
- STM and USM features for precise, smooth and high-speed silent operation
- It can offer you a comfortable zoom range
- Full-time manual focus
- A versatile and premium design which makes it perfect for daily use
- The product comes with inconvenient buttons
- The boken it provides is not always soft
- Decrease of sharpness with open aperture
8. Samyang SY85M-C 85mm F1.4 Fixed Lens – Photography and Videography Monster
The Samyang SY85M-C 85mm F1.4 Fixed lens can be your reliable tool for your photography and videography needs. This lens has an aperture range of f/1.4 -f/22. It comes with 10-elements in 7-groupsconstruction. It has an angle view of 28.3 degrees.
The lens has a minimum focusing distance of 3.3 ft and has a 72mm filter size. The lens is not zoomable. It is designed with mostly aluminum and glass components for excellent quality performance. It features an internal focusing mechanism to keep constant size while focusing.
The only negative side of this lens is that it can produce distortions.
- Aluminum and glass components for excellent quality
- Internal focusing mechanism
- 10 elements in 7 groups
- Minimum focusing distance of 3.3 ft
- Aperture range of f/1.4-f/22
- 10 elements in 7 groups
- Excellent quality
- It comes with removable lens caps, hood, and pouch
- Produce some distortions
9. Canon 15-85mm f/3.5-5.6 USM Telephoto Lens–Best Canon 80D Telephoto Lens for Videography
The Canon 15-85mm f/3.5-5.6 USM Telephoto lens can offer you with great shooting performance when it comes to your videography needs. It is among the longest and widest travel zooms in the market today. It comes with great focal length coverage of 15-85mm. It has an aperture of f/3.5-5.5.
One amazing feature of the Canon 15-85mm is its efficient image stabilization. It has a 17-elements in 12-groups lens construction. It is also compatible with 72mm filters. It has around 1.15ftclosest focusing distance and uses a unique internal focusing system with USM. The weight of the lens is only 20.3 oz which makes it lightweight and compact for your everyday use.
One negative trait of this lens is that it can produce some type of distortions.
- Excellent for full body picture
- Efficient image stabilization
- The focal length of 15-85mm and a maximum aperture of 1:3.5-5.6
- Lens construction of 17 elements in 12 groups
- An inner focusing system with USM
- An internal focusing system with USM for accurate focusing
- Compact and lightweight design
- High-precision optics
- The good focal range for photography and video recording
- It comes with Ultrasonic Motor for silent and fast focus control
- Image stabilization system to produce sharp images
- It sometimes produces distortion like chromatic aberration
10. Tamron 24-70mm f/2.8 Di VC USD Lens–Reliable Canon 80D Lens for Video Shooters
The Tamron 24-70mm f/2.8 Di VC USD lens can be the perfect tool for your photography and videography needs. It comes with f/2.8 aperture on its entire zoom range. It also features a VC anti-shake mechanism for excellent image stabilization.
If you have high standards for your Canon 80D lens, this model is a great option. It has better value without compromising production. It has a 24-70mmfocal length. It is also equipped with Ultrasonic Drive autofocus for accurate, fast, and silent operation.
However, apart from its amazing features, it also has downsides which include slower autofocus. Some vignetting can also visible on the telephoto range of f/2.8 aperture.
- Great performance for portrait and general shooting
- Sharp images
- It has a fast, accurate and quiet operation because of its Ultrasonic Drive Autofocus
- Ultrasonic Drive Autofocus for accurate, high-speed and silent focusing
- It comes with VC anti-shake mechanism for excellent image stability
- It has a lightweight and compact design that is great for general photography and videography
- It has slower autofocus compared to its Canon counterpart
- Some vignetting is present on the telephoto range of f/2.8 aperture
Buying Guide for Best Lens for Canon 80D
Purchasing the best lens for Canon 80D video is a challenging task. Picking the best one is quite stressing since there are lots of products available in the market. There is also a tough competition among the product brands, so you will not know if which one can suit your needs. Are you currently finding the best lens for your Canon 80D? If yes, then you come to the right place. The following are some of the important things to consider for you to get the best lens for Canon 80D.
If you wish to get the right lens for you, make sure to check its features. You must also ensure if it can offer you with high quality shooting performance. If you are confused between nikon D3300 vs D3400, then you can read comparison article here. If you have high standards for your photography and videography needs, you must make a wise decision in purchasing your favorite lens. Don’t worry because we will guide you with this matter.
In this section, you will learn about the crucial factors to consider in finding the best Canon 80D lens.
- Autofocus (STM, USM, and Nano USM)
Among the essential factors to remember in buying a lens for your Canon 80D is autofocus. There are 3 types of autofocus systems that you can choose.
- USM (Ultrasonic Motor)
The USM lenses are commonly accurate and fast for still photography.
- STM (Stepping Motor)
The STM lenses are perfect to use for silent and smooth video focus.
- Nano USM
It was the latest focusing motor that can also offer quiet and smooth video shooting.
- USM (Ultrasonic Motor)
- Crop Factor
Crop factor is also important to remember when buying a lens for Canon 80D. Usually, cameras come with 1.6 x crop factor, which means that a 50mm lens can perform like the 80mm lens on a 35mm camera. The crop factor is helpful in selecting APS-C lenses for full-frame cameras.
- Video Lens for Canon 80D
The Canon 80D can shoot about 1080p video at different speeds such as 24 fps, 30 fps, as well as 60 fps. However, it can’t shoot 4K. If you are finding a lens for your video recording needs, you can choose from 18-135mm Nano USM or STM lenses.
- Third-Party Lenses
There are various third-party lenses you can use for your Canon 80D. With this, you must only choose those provides reliable quality such as Tamron, Sigma, Tokina, and other manufacturers of lenses that are compatible with Canon 80D.
- Full-Frame Lenses
Canon 80D comes with 2 types of lenses, the EF lenses, and EF-S lenses. Therefore, you must know the best lens that is compatible with your 80D.
- Zoom Lenses
As you plan to buy your lens for Canon 80D, you are free to choose from zoom lenses or prime lenses. Zoom lenses come with a wide focal length range. However, there isa circumstance that can affect the quality of the image. Zoom lenses are versatile and capture farmings in limited time.
- Prime Lenses
Prime lenses are more affordable than zoom lenses. It can also provide you with faster performance. The best about this is that you can still capture images, even in low light situations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The factors mentioned earlier are crucial for you to purchase the best lens for Canon 80D. However, you must consider important things that can match to your individual needs.
To help you choose the best lens for Canon 80D, make sure that it can satisfy your needs. Before you purchase, consider these questions:
What is the best lens for video shooters?
How much is a good quality lens for Canon 80D?
What are the best manufacturers of the lens for Canon 80D?
Everybody loves photography. If you want to experience the best with your photography, you must have a great quality camera like Canon 80D. Furthermore, make sure that you also have the best lenses to produce sharp and top-quality photos.
We hope that the information we provide you about the top ten best lenses for Canon 80D can help you to make a wise decision in choosing the perfect one according to your needs and expectations. So, what are you waiting for? Start your photography passion with the best lens now!